Admissions now open!
The Master of Environmental Sciences and Management will prepare you to work in academic, technical and management areas related with environment.
The increasing pressure on natural resources and rising environmental degradation is driving a demand for well-trained professionals in environmental sciences and management both by the private and public sectors. The programme balances research-based modules (e.g. Environmental Technologies; Ecotoxicology and Environmental Health) with management-related modules (e.g. Environmental Management; Creativity, Innovation & Entrepreneurship) to train professionals that master the specific concepts and methods of environmental sciences and that are also able to implement environmental solutions in organizations and industries. A highly qualified body of international researchers from diverse scientific areas supports the programme, allowing students to be integrated in research projects and receive hands-on training in advanced methods and techniques in environmental sciences. This provides a dynamic and engaging learning environment where students can develop skills and acquire knowledge useful for a career in a number of environment-related areas. Ultimately, the programme aims to increase the supply of professionals that can contribute with solutions to the demanding environmental challenges that the world is facing.
2 years (evening) programmeTeaching Medium
EnglishRecommended prior knowledge
A Bachelor degree is required.Compulsory Modules
・Creativity, Innovation & Entrepreneurship
・Environmental Law and Politics
・Research Methods and Data Analysis
・Pollution and Waste Management
・Environmental ManagementElective Modules (Students must choose 4 of them)
・Ecology and Ecosystem Conservation
・Climate Change and Coastal Processes
・Ecotoxicology and Environmental Health
・Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental StandardsCampus
Nape 1Total number of credits for graduation
36Programme’s Government Approval (In Chinese and Portuguese only) (Click here)Calendar
September to JulyWeekly schedule
Mondays to Fridays (after working hours: 19H-22:30H)
- in companies and governmental agencies of any nature to implement Environmental Management Systems;
- in Environmental Impact Assessment, Environmental Quality Monitoring and Environmental Remediation teams;
- in laboratories to establish and run analytical protocols for the quantification and characterization of pollutants;
- as technicians in liquid and solid waste management stations;
- as consultants in environmental consulting companies;
- as educators in environmental sciences;
- in environmental protection governmental agencies and NGOs;
- in R&D in environmental sciences in private and public companies;
- as researchers in universities and higher education institutes.
Year 1 Master
Year 2 Master