General lab manager
The University of Saint Joseph (USJ) is currently looking to fill the following vacancy in the Institute of Science and Environment (ISE):
Laboratory Management Specialist (Ref. Code: USJ21ISE-001)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- supervise the organization of laboratories, including proper maintenance of facilities and equipment as well as the organization of material and consumables;
- coordinate lab orders, keep an up-to-date inventory of chemicals and equipment, and communicate with suppliers and equipment maintenance teams;
- assist Principal Investigators in the management of externally funded projects, including following up on orders, managing petty cash and other project micro- management duties;
- communicate with other University offices to ensure the proper management of the labs and relevant areas;
- ensure that all the proper safety and legal requirements for scientific laboratories are enforced;
- contribute to the management of ISE social content and communicate with CPRO (new projects, new members, publications, etc.).
- Bachelor Degree holder, Master level is preferable;
- Three years of laboratory working experience is preferable, candidate with fewer experience will also be considered at a lower position;
- Organized and motivated;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to communicate in Chinese and English;
- Solid domain of spreadsheet (Excel) software and overall strong computer skills;
- Social media and website content management (WordPress) skills but not compulsory;
- Macao ID holder.
- Applicants should visit http://www.usj.edu.mo/en/about/careers-at-usj/ for more details, and submit their applications online.
- All documents and personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.
- Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.