Research Gate: Deepa Alex
- BSc in Physics (subsidiaries – Mathematics and Statistics)
- MSc in Biotechnology at University of Pune, India.
- PhD in Plant Molecular Biology at University of Hong Kong.
ACADEMIC PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
2000 – 2001: Postdoctoral fellow, IBMP, CNRS, Strasbourg, France.
2001 – 2005: Research Associate, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
2007- 2010: Research Scientist at ICMS, University of Macau.
SELECTED RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Lam IK, Alex D, Wang YH, Liu P, Liu AL, Du GH, Lee SM. (2012) In vitro and in vivo structure and activity relationship analysis of polymethoxylated flavonoids: identifying sinensetin as a novel antiangiogenesis agent. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2012 Jun;56(6):945-56. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201100680
- Lam K.H. * , Alex D. * , Lam I.K., Tsui S.K., Yang Z. F., and Lee S.M. (2011) Nobiletin, a polymethoxylated flavonoid from citrus, shows anti-angiogenicactivity in a zebrafish in vivo model and HUVEC in vitro model. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 2011 Jul 11. doi: 10.1002/jcb.23257 (*shared first authorship)
- Li ZH, Alex D, Siu SO, Chu IK, Renn J, Winkler C, Lou S, Tsui SK, Zhao HY, Yan WR, Mahady GB, Li GH, Kwan YW, Wang YT, Lee SM. (2011) Combined in vivo imaging and omics approaches reveal metabolism of icaritin and its glycosides in zebrafish larvae. Mol Biosyst. 2011 Jul;7(7):2128-38.
- Deng YH, Alex D, Huang HQ, Wang N, Yu N, Wang YT, Leung GP, Lee SM. (2011) Inhibition of TNF-α-mediated endothelial cell-monocyte cell adhesion and adhesion molecules expression by the resveratrol derivative, trans-3,5,4′-trimethoxystilbene. Phytother Res. 2011 Mar;25(3):451-7.
- Alex D, Lam IK, Lin Z, Lee SM. J (2010) Indirubin shows anti-angiogenic activity in an in vivo zebrafish model and an in vitro HUVEC model. Ethnopharmacol. 2010 Sep 15;131(2):242-7
- Alex D., Leong E.C., Zhang ZJ, Yan G.T., Cheng S.H., Leong C.W., Li Z.H., Lam K.H., Chan S.W., Lee S.M. (2010) Resveratrol derivative, trans-3,5, 4’-trimethoxy stilbene, exerts anti-angiogenic and vascular disrupting effects in zebrafish through down-regulation of VEGFR-2 and cell cycle modulation. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry (2010) 109, 339-346.
- Alex D. and Lee K.A. (2005) RGG-boxes of the EWS oncoprotein repress a range of transcriptional activation domains. Nucleic Acids Res. (2005) 33, 1323-31.
- Alex, D., Bach TJ and Chye M.L. (2000) Expression of Brassica juncea 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl CoA synthase is developmentally regulated and stress-responsive. Plant Journal, 22, 415-426.