New BSc of ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
BACHELOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE, 環境科學學士學位課程
This NEW degree will prepare you for a successful career in environment-related areas. As a professional, you will have the opportunity to contribute with solutions for the environmental challenges that the world is facing.
The degree aims to respond to the worldwide growing demand for well-trained professionals in Environmental Sciences as consequence of increasing pressure on natural resources and environmental degradation. This demand is particularly evident in China, including the Pearl River Delta region. The course provides a broad formation in scientific areas related with environmental science and promotes interaction with other areas. For this, the programme includes foundation modules on different fields of science (biology, earth sciences, chemistry, physics, mathematics), environment-related modules (pollution, energy, waste management, environmental politics, environmental impact assessment) and modules that promote cross talk with other disciplines such as ethics, management, or architecture. The programme has a high proportion of hands-on learning hours in order to provide adequate technical training in tools, methods and techniques useful in environmental science. The degree has a total of 148 credits, distributed throughout 8 semesters of study. Students exiting this programme will have the opportunity to pursue their studies in this area at USJ in the already running Master of Environmental Sciences and Management.
CONTACT US: University of Saint Joseph, Tel +853 8796 4455 | Fax +853 2872 5517 Rua de Londres, 16,Macau SAR, CHINA; Email: email@example.com
TYPICAL CAREER OPTIONS
- • in sustainability departments of private companies, hotels and governmental agencies of any nature;
- • in companies providing services in waste, energy or water management;
- • in environmental impact assessment, environmental quality monitoring and environmental remediation teams;
- • in laboratories to establish and run analytical protocols for the quantification and characterization of pollutants;
- • in environmental protection governmental agencies and NGOs; • as technicians in liquid and solid waste management stations; • as consultants in environmental consulting companies;
• as educators in natural and environmental sciences;
- • in R&D in environmental sciences in private and public companies;
More info in the USJ web page
See also: Master in ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES AND MANAGEMENT – 環境科學與管理碩士學位課位
More Information here: http://www.ise.usj.edu.mo/master/