Polarised Light Microscopy (PLM)
Transmitted and reflected light
Attached digital cameras for digital image capture
Computers with Leica Microsystems’ software for petrographic analysis
Author: David Goncalves
Used to separate the chemical elements of a particular compound and identify the molecular level component.
Microscope capable of three-dimensional imaging and exact examination of subcellular structures and dynamic processes.
The University of Saint Joseph (USJ) is currently looking to fill the following vacancy in the Institute of Science and Environment (ISE):
Laboratory Management Specialist (Ref. Code: USJ21ISE-001)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- supervise the organization of laboratories, including proper maintenance of facilities and equipment as well as the organization of material and consumables;
- coordinate lab orders, keep an up-to-date inventory of chemicals and equipment, and communicate with suppliers and equipment maintenance teams;
- assist Principal Investigators in the management of externally funded projects, including following up on orders, managing petty cash and other project micro- management duties;
- communicate with other University offices to ensure the proper management of the labs and relevant areas;
- ensure that all the proper safety and legal requirements for scientific laboratories are enforced;
- contribute to the management of ISE social content and communicate with CPRO (new projects, new members, publications, etc.).
- Bachelor Degree holder, Master level is preferable;
- Three years of laboratory working experience is preferable, candidate with fewer experience will also be considered at a lower position;
- Organized and motivated;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to communicate in Chinese and English;
- Solid domain of spreadsheet (Excel) software and overall strong computer skills;
- Social media and website content management (WordPress) skills but not compulsory;
- Macao ID holder.
- Applicants should visit http://www.usj.edu.mo/en/about/careers-at-usj/ for more details, and submit their applications online.
- All documents and personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.
- Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Sustainable Development and Shared Renewable Resources: Environmental Education and Class Activities
Institute of Science and Environment
March 25, 26 and 27 2019
– Introduction to concepts in environmental sustainability;
– World trends in renewable resources;
– Class activity: the tragedy of the commons;
– World trends in non-renewable resources;
– Class activity: circular economy and recycling.