Former PhD student at ISE – USJ (Macau) and FCUL (Portugal)
ResearcherID: Pedro Quelhas
- Graduate in Geology (Geology and Natural Resources, FCUL), Portugal.
- PhD in Science (USJ) and in Geology (specialization in Geochemistry; UL)
ACADEMIC PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
09 Sep 2013 – 09 Sep 2015: Guest lecturer in the Dep. of Geology, FCUL, Portugal (Degree: Geology; Lectured academic subjects: Crystallography and Mineralogy; Geochemistry)
GEOLOGY RELATED ACTIVITIES
- Member of the CPMIN (Portuguese Club of Mineralogy): mineralogy field trips and sessions of minerals identification;
- Member of the GSHK (Geology Society of Hong Kong): geology field trips;
- Member of the European Association of Geochemistry;
- Member of AGU (American Geophysical Union).
Petrology and geochemistry; mineralogy.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS and COMMUNICATIONS
- Quelhas, P, Borges. R, Dias, A. Á, Ribeiro, L, Costa, P Mata, J. (2021) Geological Map of the Macao Special Administrative Region (China). Journal of Maps, 17:2, 257-267.
- Quelhas, P, Mata J and Dias, A Á (2021) Magmatic evolution of garnet-bearing highly fractionated granitic rocks from Macao, Southeast China: Implications for granite-related mineralization processes. Journal of Earth Sciences. In Press. JES-07-2020-0330. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12583-020-1389-4
- Quelhas P, Mata J, Dias Á A (2021) Evidences for mixed contribution of mantle, lower and upper crust to the genesis of Jurassic I~type granites from Macao, SE China. GSA Bulletin. 133 (1-2): 37–56.. https://doi.org/10.1130/B35552.1
- Quelhas P (2019) PETROLOGY AND GEOCHEMISTRY OF THE IGNEOUS ROCKS FROM MACAO (SOUTH CHINA): TECTONO-MAGMATIC IMPLICATIONS. PhD Thesis. USJ-FCUL. 400pp
- Quelhas, P., Dias, Á A., Mata, J., Don, D., Ribeiro, L. (2020) High-precision geochronology of Mesozoic magmatism in Macao, Southeast China: evidence for multistage granite emplacement. Geoscience Frontiers. 11, 1. 243-263 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gsf.2019.04.011
- Quelhas P, Dias Á A, Mata J & Wayne Davis D (2019) Goldschmidt Abstracts, 258. 21st August. Barcelona. https://goldschmidt.info/2019/abstracts/abstractView?id=2019004459
- Quelhas, P., Mata, J., Lou, U. T., Ribeiro, M. L., Borges, R., Dias, Á A (2018). A origem e evolução dos magmas graníticos de Macao à luz de dados de geoquímica elementar e isotópica / Source and evolution of Macao granitic magmas: insights from wholerock geochemistry and isotopic signatures.. XIV Congresso de Geoquímica dos Países de Língua Portuguesa e XIX Semana de Geoquímica (XIV CGPLP/XIX SG, international conference. 25-29 March 2018, Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, Portugal.
- Dias, Á A (2017) Opening talk about the geology of Macao. Meeting on Mesozoic magmatism of Macao and Hong Kong in the context of SE China geodynamics / 澳門與香港的中生代岩漿作用 (oral communication) 22-27 April 2017, ISE, Macau
- Quelhas, P. (2017) Mesozoic magmatism in Macao: What is known so far and future developments. Mesozoic magmatism of Macao and Hong Kong in the context of SE China geodynamics / 澳門與香港的中生代岩漿作用 (oral communication)22-27 April 2017, ISE, Macau
- Quelhas, P., Mata, J., Lou, U. T., Ribeiro, M. L., Borges, R., Dias Á A. (2017) New Geochemical Constraints on I-Type Granites of Macao: Petrogenesis and Geodynamic Implications. 27th Goldschmidt Conference. 2126, 06d 13-18, August 2017. Paris, France
- Quelhas P M, Mata J, Lou U T, Ribeiro M R and Dias Á A (2016) Mesozoic Granitic Magmatism in Macao, Southeast China. AGU Fall meeting 12-16 December 2016, San Francisco, USA
- Dias, Á., Quelhas, P.M., Lou, U. T., Mata, J. & Ribeiro, M. L. (2016). Petrology and Geochemistry of Granitic Rocks from Macao. 26th Goldschmidt Conference, Yokohama, Japan. 61, 05c. http://goldschmidt.info/2016/uploads
- Quelhas, P. M., Mata, J., Lou, U. T., Ribeiro, M. R. and Dias A. A. (2016). Mesozoic Granitic Magmatism in Macao, Southeast China. AGU Fall meeting 12-16 December 2016, San Francisco, USA.
- Quelhas, P.M., Martins, L.T.. & Mata, J., 2013. Causas da variabilidade composicional das rochas filoneanas do Maciço Eruptivo de Sines: cristalização fraccionada e fusão parcial. Livro de Actas do III Congresso de Jovens Investigadores em Geociências, LEG 2013 & 6th Meeting of Post-Graduation in Physics and Earth Sciences of University of Évora, pp. 139-142
Oral presentation of the communication entitled “Causas da variabilidade composicional das rochas filoneanas do Maciço Eruptivo de Sines: cristalização fraccionada e fusão parcial.” in the III Congresso de Jovens Investigadores em Geociências, LEG 2013 & 6th Meeting of Post-Graduation in Physics and Earth Sciences of University of Évora, held at Pólo de Estremoz da Universidade de Évora, Espaço Ciência, Convento das Maltezas, 7100-513 Estremoz (October 4 to 6, 2013).
Oral presentation entitled “Preliminary data from Macao petrology: Summary and updating of the existing research” in the first Ma.G.I.C. project meeting on the Geology of Macao, held at Institute of Science and Environment (ISE), University of Saint Joseph (USJ), NAPE1, Macau (November 11 to 13, 2015).
PhD research proposal presentation entitled “Petrology and Geochemistry of the Igneous Rocks from Macau (South China): Tectono-Magmatic Implications”, held at the library of University of Saint Joseph, NAPE1, Macau (May 13, 2016). Reviewers: Dr. Roderick J. Sewell (Hong Kong Geological Survey) and Prof. Chan Lung Sang (University of Hong Kong).
Talk entitled “Mesozoic magmatism in Macao: What is known so far and future developments” in the workshop “Mesozoic magmatism of Macao and Hong Kong in the context of SE China geodynamics”, held at the Speakers Hall of University of Saint Joseph, NAPE1, Macau (April 22, 2017).
PhD seminar entitled “O Uso de Sistemas Isotópicos no Estudo de Rochas Graníticas/The Use of Isotopic Systems in the Study of Granitic Rocks”, held at the Deparment of Geology of Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon, room 6.3.62, Lisbon, Portugal (May 26, 2017).